Americans are spending more time than ever on social media sites like Facebook. It is smart to spend your marketing dollars in places where potential clients and customers are spending a large portion of their time. Thus it only follows that investing in social media marketing is, indeed, a wise investment!
To illuminate, below are some pointed facts* on Americans’ social media use
- Americans spend nearly 25% of their internet time on social media sites like Facebook – that’s a cumulative 906 million hours per month!
- 70% of social-network users shop online.
- Social Media has grown rapidly, with nearly 4 in 5 internet users visiting social networks and blogs.
- 53% of social-network users follow at least one brand.
- Social Media is no longer just for the younger generations; social media users over the age of 55 are a key driver in its recent growth, particularly through the use of smartphones.
- Americans spend more time on Facebook than any other U.S. website!
The Latest Social Media Facts (April, 2012)
Facebook: The Social Giant
- About 67% of Facebook users are over age 25
- Monthly active users total over 850 million
- 250 million photos are loaded every day
- 20% of all page views on the web are on Facebook (that’s 1 in 5!)
- 2.7 billion “Likes” per day
- 57 % of users are female
- New visual and mobile platforms/apps
| Twitter: The Simple Wonder
| Pinterest: A Newbie but a Goodie!
| Google +, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.